This Privacy Notice describes the information iCheckGateway.com (“iCheckGateway.com”, “iCG”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) applying to your use of iCG applications and services (“Services”) and/or your submission of personal information to iCG, either directly or other entity that works with iCG or uses the services, referenced as (“Subscriber” or “Customer”) collected about you when you use our website, iCG.com (the “Website”). We will describe how we use this information, with whom we share it, and the choices you have in connection with this.
I. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Through your use of our Website, iCheckGateway.com may collect personal information, which is information that identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable individual. iCG will collect personal information from you directly and automatically as you use our Website.
To understand iCG data protection obligations and your rights to your personal Information under this document, it is important that you identify which relationship(s) you have with iCG.
- “Subscribers” refers to the registered users of the iCG Services, including merchants, on whose behalf iCG processes payments and collects certain personal Information from individuals using a Subscriber’s products or services.
- “Customers” refers to individuals doing business with “Subscribers” utilizing iCG services. If you are a Customer, iCG will collect your personal information solely on behalf of the Subscriber. Your agreement with the relevant Subscriber should explain how the Subscriber shares your Personal Information with iCG and other third parties, and if you have questions about this sharing, then you should direct those questions to the Subscriber.
- “Visitors” refers to any individual accessing the iCG website, as well as to any individual submitting personal information via the website for any reason, including but not limited to submitting a "contact us" or other online inquiry form, subscribing to a newsletter or blog, registering for a demo or webinar, or completing an online survey.
Hereinafter we may refer to Subscribers, Customers, and Visitors individually and collectively as “you.”
A. Information We Collect Directly From You
When you engage with certain features of our Website, we will collect your personal information to manage your subscriber user account and/ or engage in Marketing and Promotional Activities. We want to keep you updated about our products and services, and we may use your Personal Information to send you promotional products and information about iCG services.
This includes when you:
- Contact us. When you contact us, request a quote, or send us any questions or inquires, we collect your name, email address, telephone number, company name, and any other information you choose to include in your correspondence. We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries, provide the requested information, troubleshoot where necessary, communicate with you, and address any issues you may have.
- Create an account. To create an account, For purposes of this policy, “Personal Information” refers to any information about an identified or identifiable individual, including financial account information, health information, and any device information that may be linked with an identifiable individual. We will collect your name, email address, telephone number, company name, selected username, and selected password. We use this personal information to create and maintain your account, to communicate with you, and to provide you access to iCG services available to account holders, such as Online Terminal and Partner Zone Portal. We may also use this personal information to send you information on iCG products and services that we feel may be of interest to you.
- Download our eBook, Product Catalog, and other deliverables. To download our “Call to Action” deliverables from our website, we will collect your name, telephone number, email address, and company name. We also request whether you already work with us as a partner or merchant. We use this personal information to fulfill your request to receive the deliverable you requested. We may also use this personal information to send you information on iCG products and services that we feel may be of interest to you.
- Partner with us. To inquire about a partnership with iCG, we will collect your name, telephone number, email address, company name and financial information required for underwriting processes. We use this personal information to assess and manage your request and to communicate with you.
- Schedule a demo or meeting with us. When you request to schedule a demo or meeting with us, we will collect your name, email address, telephone number, company name, and any additional information you choose to disclose in your correspondence. We use this personal information to schedule your meeting and to communicate with you.
iCG may also use your information collected for the above purposes to defend our rights and the rights of others, to efficiently maintain our business, to comply with the law, and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
B. As a Subscriber to our Merchant Services and Partner accounts, the Information We Collect and When We Collect It
- Account Information: We collect certain information from you when you register for an account with us, including registering for a free or demo account, such as your name, business name, phone number, e-mail address and business industry. To obtain iCG production account we collect additional personal information, including but not limited to, your name, title, % of ownership in company, home address, city, state, zip, phone number, date of birth and social security #. We also collect non-personal information about business as part of the account configuration process that enables you to use the Services.
- Financial Information: When you obtain iCG account we collect information about your or your business’ payment methods, such as credit or debit card numbers, bank account numbers, Subscriber account identifiers, and billing address.
- Third Party Public Databases, Credit Bureaus & ID Verification Partners: When you sign up to use iCG services, we may obtain information about you from public databases, credit bureaus, and ID verification partners as part of determining eligibility for a iCG account and underwriting for Subscriber processing accounts with third parties. We may obtain information about your current and past name, address, job role, public employment profile, credit history, status on any sanctions lists maintained by public authorities, and other relevant data.
- Transaction Information: We collect information when you engage in transactions via our Services, such as when you process payments and refunds, configure recurring payment schedules, send and configure invoices, schedule appointments, and other transaction-related information.
- User Information: When user accounts are created that enable individual employees to utilize iCG Services - iCG collects personal information for that user including name, phone number, email address, position, User ID and other required account security information.
- Customer Information: We collect information about your Customers when you enter it into our systems as part of using the Services for processing payments, configuring recurring payment schedules, processing orders, securely vaulting credit card and bank account numbers for future payments, sending invoices to your customers, booking appointments, and other uses and activities relating to our provision of and your use of the Services. We also collect Personal Information directly from your Customers when they enter it into our systems as part of using iCG services associated with your account.
- Device Information: When you download and use a Mobile App we may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use, your unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile phone number, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Mobile App.
- Information You Provide to Us: We collect information that you provide to us, such as when you create an account, submit a support ticket, email or call our sales or service team, when you comment to a blog, or when you email, call, write, fax or otherwise initiate contact with iCG regarding our Site or Services. We record your contact information (name, address, phone number, email address, account name and number, User ID, and any other information you provide) in our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and support ticketing system.
- Performance and Log Data: When you visit the Sites and/or utilize the Services our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) automatically record information created by your use of our Sites and Services, which may include information such as, but not limited to, your IP address, browser type, operating system, command line information, diagnostic information related to the Services (i.e., crash activity reports), the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, and search terms.
- Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use technologies like cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and other similar tracking technologies to gather information about how you are interacting with the Services, which may include identifying your IP address, browser type, and referring page.
C. How We Use the Information We Collect:
- Provide you with the services: We process your Personal Information when you sign up for and use our Services. For example, we use your Personal Information to facilitate payments through the iCG system and collect fees, to configure user accounts, to configure your account for sending invoices to your Customers, to configure your appointment booking service, and other system related functions.
- Qualify and Underwrite for iCG services: We use your personal information to verify your identity, perform a credit check (if we obtain any necessary consents), ensure that you are not on any sanctions lists maintained by public authorities, and to otherwise qualify you to use iCG services. We may share this information with our service providers as part of the process of underwriting you for a payment processing Subscriber account.
- Payment Processing: For Subscriber account holders, we use billing and financial information (bank account numbers/credit card numbers) to facilitate the payments you process via iCG services, and to collect monthly subscription and usage fees as applicable.
- To Maintain Legal/Regulatory Compliance: We process your Personal Information, and your customers’ Personal Information, whether entered by you or directly by an End Customer via iCG services, to comply with certain legal obligations, tax law, or as otherwise necessary to fulfill our other business obligations; identify, prevent, and mitigate fraud; and to manage risk as required under applicable law.
- Provide service-related communications: iCG will contact you to keep you updated about your account and iCG services, such as to provide account-specific technical support, to send notifications of orders, transactions, and other system activity, to email you any reports to which you subscribe, to notify you of changes to the services, to provide security updates, or to provide other service-related information to you.
- Provide Customer Service: When you contact iCG with information requests, newsletter subscriptions, questions, concerns, disputes, feedback, or any for other reason, we use your Personal Information to respond to you.
D. Information Collected Automatically
- The cookies on our Website collect the following information:
- Usage information. This includes which pages on our Website you visit, the frequency of access, time spent on each page, and referring website details.
- Location information. This includes information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
- Device information. This includes certain information about the device you use to access the Website, such as hardware model, operating system, browser, and your preferences.
- To collect this information, our Website employs the following cookies:
- Essential cookies. We use essential cookies to prevent fraudulent use of the Website and to allow the Website and its features to function properly.
- Functional cookies. We use functional cookies to provide enhanced functionality, to diagnose server and Website errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
- Social media cookies. Our Website includes social media widgets. These widgets may collect your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website. These widgets may set a cookie or utilize other tracking technologies to accomplish this. Social media widgets are hosted by a third-party and your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Email cookies. Our emails contain cookies and other technologies that allow us to identify actions taken by recipients, such as opens and clicks. To do so, our email provider, Constant Contact, collects certain information associated with the email, such as IP address, operating system, and time of retrieval. You can disable email tracking at any time by blocking automatic loading of images in your email.
E. How We Share Your Information
iCG may share your personal information for the following purposes:
- Within iCG. Where necessary, we may share your information within iCG and our corporate family, such as with subsidiaries, joint ventures, or affiliates, in order to efficiently carry out our business, and to the extent permitted by law.
- Subscribers: If you make a purchase, schedule an appointment, or otherwise interact with a Subscriber via our Services, we may grant access to or share with the Subscriber any and all information we collect as part of that transaction or interaction, except where that disclosure is prohibited by law, regulation or other obligations (e.g. for data security).
- Service Providers: We share your Personal Information with our trusted service providers who provide certain services on our behalf, including but not limited to fraud prevention, customer relationship management, payment processing, hosting, marketing, and other common technology services.
- In the event of a corporate reorganization. In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we would share your personal information with third-parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share your personal information with third-parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
- For legal purposes. We will share your personal information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders, law enforcement or legal process, including for national security purposes; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, other iCG Subscribers or Customers, and third parties; or to investigate violations of or to enforce our Terms of Service, Buyer Terms or Acceptable Use Policy, or other policies or procedures; as required to enforce our terms of service or other contracts; to defend against legal claims or demands; to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person other iCG Subscribers or Customers, and third parties; or to investigate violations of or to enforce our Terms of Service, Buyer Terms or Acceptable Use Policy, or other policies or procedures; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
F. Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain Personal Information for as long as you remain an active use of our Services and for a reasonable time thereafter, to serve the purposes for which your Personal Information was processed, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, or to enforce our agreements to the extent permitted by law. We generally apply the retention periods noted below.
- Customer Personal Information: We may store on behalf of Subscribers, for as long as a valid business reason exists, which may be indefinitely, any Personal Information, including but not limited to credit card and other financial account information.
- Note that Subscribers control any consumer data we collect and process on their behalf, whether that Personal Information is entered by a Customer or whether it is entered by a Subscriber, and it is up to the Subscriber to determine how long they will store their customers' Personal Information in our systems.
- Your Interactions on Our Services: We may store any information about your interactions on our Sites, Services or Direct Payment Services or any content created, posted or shared by you on our Sites, Services, or Direct Payment Services (e.g., pictures, comments, support tickets, and other content) for a period of time after the closure your account, which may be indefinitely, where a valid business reason exists for such storage such as to maintain the integrity of our systems and logs, for the establishment or defense of legal claims, audit and crime prevention purposes.
- Marketing: We store information used for marketing purposes indefinitely until you unsubscribe. Once you unsubscribe from marketing communications, we add your contact information to our suppression list to ensure we respect your unsubscribe request.
G. Accessing, Correcting and Deleting Your Information
iCG acknowledges the right of individuals to access their Personal Information. Note that iCG will require you to verify your identity prior to releasing any Personal Information.
Generally, you may access, correct, and/or delete your Personal Information as follows:
- Subscribers may access and modify personal information and other account information using the account settings page. You may also access, change and modify information previously provided or collected by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate changes or modifications or to obtain a file for review.
- Visitors and any other individuals who have submitted Personal Information directly to iCG via the Sites may request that their Personal Information be removed from all iCG systems once per year. To have your personal information permanently deleted from iCG systems, you must make an official request in writing by emailing email@example.com and include specific information that you would like permanently deleted from iCG systems. iCG reserves the right to retain certain account information for its recordkeeping or compliance purposes.
- Customers and other consumers who do business with Subscribers utilizing iCG Services can request that the Subscriber provide you with access to the Personal Information iCG stores on its behalf, that it makes changes to that Personal Information, and/or that the Personal Information be deleted from iCG systems. iCG cannot honor such requests directly from Customers, but we will assist Subscribers with honoring them.
H. Marketing Communications
- You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you emails necessary to the Website, your account, or any assistance you request.
I. Nevada Residents
- If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of certain personal information belonging to you. We do not currently sell any of your personal information under Nevada law, nor do we plan to do so in the future. If you have any questions regarding our information practices, or would like to opt-out of the future sale of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
J. Do Not Track Disclosure
- We do not support Do Not Track (DNT). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your browser.
K. Information Security
- We implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we collect and maintain. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the information we have collected from you.
- iCG has security measures in place designed to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Safeguards include, but not limited to, use of data encryption, anti-malware, physical controls, intrusion detection and firewalls, data encryption.
L. Age Restriction
- The Website and the services offered thereon are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18).
M. International Transfers
- If you are accessing our Sites, Services, or Direct Payment Services from outside of the United States, any information provided will be transferred to us or our service providers in the United States outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located.
- Please note, iCG acts as a data processor on behalf of its Subscribers, and Subscribers are responsible for obtaining your consents relating to the collection, use, transfer and other processing of your personal Information. Subscribers may provide additional notices affecting our processing of your personal information, and Subscribers may provide for additional limitations or permissions with respect to our processing of your information in order to comply with applicable law.
- iCG processes personal data provided in connection with a payments processed by iCG as necessary to complete a contract or transaction requested by the data subject, and for the legitimate interests of iCG and its Subscribers, specifically in relation to fraud prevention, law compliance and identity theft protection.
N. Rights for Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
- iCG only provides Services to United States based Subscribers. However these Subscribers may utilize our Services and deploy our Direct Payment Services such that they are collecting information from EEA residents. In such cases iCG is acting as a data processor and storing Personal Information on behalf of these Subscribers. Thus, if you are located in the EEA and utilize our Direct Payment Services, your Personal Information is processed by iCG and transferred to our servers and the servers of our service providers located in the United States.
- If you are a Subscriber using or a Visitor to iCG Sites and/or Services and wish to exercise these rights, please reach out to us using the contact information below. If you are a customer or End Customer of a Subscriber who uses iCG’s platform and wish to exercise these rights, please contact the Subscribers you interacted with directly -- we serve as a processor on their behalf, and can only forward your request to them to allow them to respond.
O. Changes to this Privacy Notice
- We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post the changes to this page, and we will indicate the date the changes go into effect. We encourage you to review our Privacy Notice to stay informed. If we make changes that materially affect your privacy rights, we will notify you via email and/or by a prominent post on our Website.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com
This Privacy Notice was last modified on March 22, 2021